"All things design and decor, pretty and priceless. And then there's the food. Ohhhh, the foood!"

Tuesday 22 May 2012

When I grow up...

We've all been asked it. From when you first walked into the doors of kindergarten holding your favourite teddy bear, to the day you walked out of those big University doors holding your scroll. We've been lectured to on the topic,  we read books about it. The question  can get us down,  or it can make us very very happy. You've been asked it by your best friend, by your headmaster and by old, wrinkled, brill-creamed grandmother. We ask God about it (all day in my case) and the answer can prove to be a fork in our roads. Some people care more about it than others. Some should care more.   
This question can be the master of your fate. 
"What do you wan to be when you grow up?"

The sad truth is that I'm all grown up, but it's a question I have failed to answer completely. I'm in that space where I'm as big as I'm ever going to be (thanks for skipping the party, growth spurt)  and I'm still trying to figure out exactly where I want to be in life. 


And I am making progress. 


If I pool together all my interests - my love for food, for eating, my love for photographs, for words, for making things look pretty, my love for organisation and for information, my love of technology, of magazines, of layouts - I come to something quite interesting, and something that could really really excite me...
Food Styling and Photography. 


And you know when the penny drops, and something just clicks. 
Well I think I may have found an avenue that I can grow up in. 


Here's a little video I found that also really excites me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment