"All things design and decor, pretty and priceless. And then there's the food. Ohhhh, the foood!"

Monday 9 July 2012

Rooms with mood.

I am a light person.
I like the sun. And shades of white and blues and things that are...on the lighter side of life. I think it speaks to the breath-of-fresh-air farmy-ness in me. That's why I like spring. And clean kitchens (but that's another story for another day).

But there's something to be said for the moody, dramatic look. Perhaps in my next life I'll come back as a real sullen diva. With emotional ties to the baroque era perhaps. Maybe I'll be deep and moody. Because, well sometimes it's nice to have your bedroom, living room and kitchen in particular looking a little more dramatic and OTT. What do you think?

Cue the drama, baby.









Tips to Bring a little drama in:

1) Accent a feature wall with deep hues - think maroon, plum, navy or burgundy. Grey works too, although not quite as warm.
2) Highlight your inner-baroque by sourcing large ornamental mirrors, candleabras, grand pianos, rose bowls, ornate furniture, dark woods, dramatic lighting and chandeliers. 
3) Accent with gold or silver detail to add some gorgoues contrast. 
4) Be intentionally over-the-top with layers on your bed or sofas - lots of cushions, duvets and quilts.
5) Bring in warmth by showcasing lots of books, glinting picture frames and a wooden heath or fireplace.
6) Also, wallpaper can be a great tool to give off a moody look and feel. 

Remember,  drama can be simple. But red wine also helps.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment