"All things design and decor, pretty and priceless. And then there's the food. Ohhhh, the foood!"

Thursday 19 May 2011

oh, when curtains make a room...


Yesterday, after doing my citizenry duty on our local municipal voting day (did you make your mark??), I went out in the search for great curtains! Yip, because you can never underestimate  the power that curtains bring to a room! Now to most of us, there are a few options - find reasonably priced ones from a retailer, make your own, or get them made by a professional - an interior designer or manufacturer . Now the former - buying them at a retailer, often means you can't scout out the fabric shops for the perfect material, and also means you cant specify heights and widths, but you get them quickly and easily, and can easily choose between taped or eyelet styles. 

Which is perfect for someone like me who a) can't really afford the fabric I'd like, b) don't have the time to make them myself and c) has chosen to invest in great curtains further down the line :)

So off to the shops I went, and wowee I was actually surprised at the cost and quality of curtains from retailers. I found amazing blue and cream curtains at Woolworths and at Mr Price home, so I'm very stoked. Can't wait to put them up once the walls have been painted! I just love the warmth that curtains bring to a room, and having stayed at the bfs place without curtains, I can vouch for it! :)


{ Via: Harlequin.uk.com, Apartment Therapy, Anthropologie}

{Via: Desire to inspire; Urban Outfitters}



{Via:  79 Ideas;  Pinterest; We heart it; Jo Harper}

No comments:

Post a Comment